About this Course
This course is:
- Pracademic – rooted in research and made practical with field-tested models and tips
- Original – led by the authors of the highly regarded book, Leadership Is Half The Story.
- Engaging – a delightful variety of metaphors, stories, cartoons, quizzes, assessments and games
- Micro-learning – a full day of professional development in lessons of less than 10 minutes each
- Social – safe, collaborative cohort learning experience for teams or cross-organizational groups
- Become a wise and invaluable advisor
- Maximize your impact by applying the latest neuroscience research
- Lead a collaborative decision-making process that engages the whole team
- Gain commitment to decisions and speed up their implementation
- Help your clients, team and family members make wiser decisions
- Harness the most value and collective intelligence from your crew
Who Should Take This Course:
People who want to optimize their personal influence and effectiveness in decision making.
What People Are Saying Who Took This Course:
Many great tips for decision making during this course.
I was surprised by the number of tips for good decision making that I had not thought of before.
Appreciate the information and the easy to follow format!
This course provided a good foundation on making a balanced decision.
I will now make decisions faster that I have been.
Thanks for a light touch on a heavy and very important topic.
This course taught me a lot about looking at myself as a leader.
I loved the interactive parts.
This course provided excellent points on balancing the best of Kirk with the best of Spock.
Module 1: First Day of Class
- WATCH: Meet your teachers
- WATCH: Meet your coach
- READ & DOWNLOAD: Learning tips & journal
- PLAY & SHARE: What pitfalls have you seen?
- WATCH: Kirk vs. Spock
- PLAY & SHARE: Who would you entrust with your decision making?
Module 2: Making the most of your brain & body
- WATCH & SHARE: Gain new perspectives
- WATCH & SHARE: Activate your unconscious
- WATCH & JOURNAL: Mind your body
- WATCH: Feelings count
- PLAY: Feelings quiz
- WATCH: Brave your biases
- PLAY: Mastery quiz
- UNLOCK, WATCH & SHARE: The secret principle
- PLAY: Secret tip quiz
Module 3: May we together become greater than the sum of both of us
- SHARE: Inputs to decision making
- WATCH: It's a process not an event
- WATCH: I am pleased to see that we have differences
- PLAY: Are you ready to collaborate?
Module 4: Be an invaluable collaborator like Spock
- PLAY & READ: Stage 1 - Bring an engaged mindset
- WATCH: Stage 2 - 'Feed in' not 'buy in'
- PLAY & JOURNAL: Increase your influence and impact
- WATCH: Stage 3 - Level 3 Decision Support
- PLAY: Who shows Level 3 Decision Support?
- DO & SHARE: Experiential Assignment
- WATCH: Stage 3 - Be a Decision Advocate
- PLAY: Devilishly fun quiz
- SHARE: The decision milestone
- WATCH & SHARE: Stage 4 - Get 'er done!
Module 5: Followership Skills Assessment
- ASSESS: Your followership skills for collaborative decision making
Module 6: Be a collaborative leader like Kirk
- SHARE: Acknowledge and appreciate contributions
- WATCH: Stage 1- Engage everyone early
- PLAY: Match the collaborator
- WATCH: Stage 2 - Drive analysis
- SHARE: Choose your decision criteria
- WATCH & JOURNAL: Stage 3 - Create Choices
- WATCH: The Decision milestone - Choosing wisely
- WATCH: Stage 4 - Get 'er done
- PLAY: Decide how you will decide
Module 7: Leadership Skills Assessment
- ASSESS: Your leadership skills for collaborative decision making
Module 8: Last day of class
- DO & SHARE: Bask in your brilliance
- PLAY: Do not give out the results!
- JOURNAL & SHARE: Personal reflection
- PLAY: Final Exam: Kirk vs. Spock
- WATCH & SHARE: Congratulations & graduation party